Kennesaw Campus Student Mail
Kennesaw Campus Postal Services provides the University with convenient access to mailing services. We process incoming and outgoing mail for the University. Campus Postal Services provides United States Postal Service express mail, priority mail, and tracking services and offers envelopes, boxes, and postage for sale.
The goal of Campus Postal Services is to provide recipients and senders of mail and packages with the best service possible.
Residential Kennesaw Campus students pick up their mail and packages at Talon Express, located on the second floor in the James V. Carmichael Student Center.
Services Offered by Campus Postal Services
Services include, but are not limited to:
- First-Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Express Mail
Drop-off point for:
- United States Postal Services
- FedEx (Prepaid Label Only)
- UPS (Prepaid Label Only)
Regulations, Guidelines and Procedures
The correct address format for mail and common carriers is as follows:
Campus Mailbox Number
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144
To find your Campus Mailbox Number, log in to the Housing Portal and select the "Personal Info" tab in the top gold menu bar.
Student mail addressed without a Campus Mailbox Number will not receive an email. Students will also not receive an email for items when addressed to a nickname, a parent or items shipped in care of a second party.
Collecting Packages and Mail
Residential students living on the Kennesaw Campus with properly addressed packages and first-class mail will pick up their mail at Talon Express, located on the second floor in the James V. Carmichael Student Center. Until you receive an email, your item is not ready for pickup. A valid picture ID will be required to pick up the item.
- Students have 10 days to pick up letter mail and packages.
- To ensure receipt, Talon Express will send two email notifications for packages during the 15 days. After 15 days, the item will be returned to the sender.
Recipients will either receive an email from "Packcity" firstname.lastname@example.org or directly from Talon Express:
- Packcity Locker Notification: You will receive an email with pick up codes which contain an identification and authentication code. The email will be sent from Packcity.es. If using the Outlook App, the email may appear in your "Other" folder instead of your inbox.
- Directly from Talon Express: You will receive an email directly from Talon Express. Your package will be at Talon Express for pick-up.
Emergency Package Pickup Authorization
If for any reason you are unable to pick up a package or mail, another individual may be designated to pick up the item(s) on your behalf from Talon Express. The recipient must forward the received email to email@example.com with the name of the authorized individual picking up the item. The individual picking up the item must bring a picture ID.
Unidentified Recipient ItemsItems received with an unknown recipient will not be logged in; these items will be held for seven to ten (7 – 10) working days before being returned to the sender. It is the responsibility of the recipient to check with Talon Express if expecting a package or mail and have not received an email notification. Recipients should be prepared to provide as much information as possible about the item, including the tracking number and sender name.
Non-Residential Students MailCommuter students will not receive an email notification for packages or mail. However, if a letter or package is delivered for a student who does not live in on-campus housing, the package or mail will be held for 10 days. After the 10 day period, the letter/package will be returned to the sender.
Students that have moved or graduated can get their first-class mail forwarded up to a period of three months. Parcels received will be returned back to the sender. In order to get your mail forwarded to a new address, please fill out the mail forwarding request form.
FedEx, UPS and DHL
Mail from these carriers cannot be forwarded.
- Students need to contact these carriers to have their packages shipped from Talon Express to an alternative address.
- Labels are available for purchase at Talon Express to have your package shipped to an alternative address.
- Students can email shipping labels to Talon Express, and Talon Express will ship the package to the address on the label.
After 15 days, packages will be returned to the sender unless other arrangements have been made.
Perishable ItemsFor all items received (i.e. food, flowers, etc.), the student will receive an email notification for pick up within 24 hours. After this time period, if the item has not been picked up or the department has not been notified, the item will be returned to the sender.
Illegal contraband is not permitted through KSU Postal Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
I won’t be on campus often. How long will you hold my mail?
Campus Postal Services holds letter mail for ten (10) days then it is returned to the sender. Residential students should go to the USPS website and complete a change of address form if they are no longer living on campus.